Monday, September 14, 2009

Scottsdale EMP Residency -last day

The last day of the residency was magical. The dance and costumes came together with a calm grace, (not that I got much sleep that week though!), so the last day was not a panic at all. We polished the piece, and did a photo shoot in the finished costumes. I had SUCH an amazing time with these dancers. They are FULL of LIFE with the rapt attention that is necessary to absorb so much information in a 5-day residency! I think that this dance is one of my all-time favorites. The students are authentic in their performance, take physical risks, and are ever grateful!!!

I can't wait to see performances of the dance and am really looking forward to the Arizona Dance Festival Oct 8-10 at the Tempe Center for the Arts where I heard they may be performing! My company will be there also! What fun! If we can raise the funds, we'll take OUR version of Whispers to perform on the second night!

No comments: